Our online home remedies guide will help you find the right natural cure for your problem.Home remedies for common diseases, herbal remedies and homemade cosmetics at biggest home remedies guid.The guide not only includes effective nail fungus home remedies you could try also the most effective treatment for nail fungus

Oct 25, 2008

Skin an hair problems

Author

Message



orchard

New Member

Joined: 08 Aug 2008

Posts: 2


Fri Aug 08, 2008 9: 40 pm    Post subject: Skin an hair problems






Hi I ' m new here and find the site very helpful, but I couldn ' t find anything with relation to dry skin and hair problems flaring up.

I have been on the Atkins diet before and although I lost weight I found my hair was lifeless, no body in it and my skin very dry. I decided that it was most probably due to me stuffing my exterior on too much bacon and fry ups.

I have since, also been taking something for candidis and my skin improved very.

I decided to try the Atkins again, but not the induction period, as I don ' t need to loose much weight. I have berries, nuts for breakfast. Omelette and salad for lunch and meat, or fish with veg for dinner. I also munch on avocado ' s and nuts through the day.

I feel I am eating a balanced diet, but my skin has gone very dry. I am eating enough fats, so I don ' t understand this reaction?

I have been on the diet for a week and have managed to loose 6lbs, which I ' m delighted with. I only need to loose about 7lb morebut wish to stay on the diet as it suits my lifestyle.

Has anyone else had these kind of problems and if so when can I expect my skin and hair to improve?






bluehex

Senior Member

Joined: 03 Dec 2003

Posts: 2663

Location: Warsaw, Poland


Fri Aug 08, 2008 9: 46 pm    Post subject:






Are you drinking enough water? This diet is very diuretic and you could be dehydrated. Also, dry kin and hair may be symptoms of something else, hormonal or nutritional, have you done your bloodwork recently? You could be low on estrogen or some mineral elements... Or maybe your candida was not killed off completely.

Or, as I said previously, you could just be dehydrated.






orchard

New Member

Joined: 08 Aug 2008

Posts: 2


Fri Aug 08, 2008 10: 05 pm    Post subject:






Could be hormonal, as I am 56, but thought I was over that now. I have had check ups for thyroid and general health check, but nothing showed up.

I do drink through out the day, mainly hot water and lemon juice. I thought I was eating a pretty healthy diet, as I eat lots of oily fish, avocado etc.

The last time I was on Atkins I was on the induction, so i thought I could have been lacking some nutrients, or not taking enough vitamins. This time however, I have been eating very healthily, so am completely confused. Could I still be having die off symptoms?







������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ impediment patient necessity start on a diet of some mundane meals a heyday more readily than three ginormous ones.

Pal barfly needs to exercise regularly and cover outdoor book in his daily allot.

Optimum diet and fresh fruit juice Even after the successful completion of the juice fast, the patient should continue to have an intake of fresh fruit juices and plenty of water. He should eat a healthy diet of such essential nutrients like wholegrain cereals, seeds and sprouts, fresh fruits, nuts and vegetables. Although at the beginning of the treatment, the patient should be given an appropriate replacement to alleviate the craving if and when it occurs. A glass of fresh fruit juice and eating healthy snacks like candy or Soya beans etc will curb his cravings which might increase the urge for drinking in the stages immediately after the treatment.

Avoid refined foods Avoid refined food products such as white flour, white sugar, white rice, macaroni products. This can be substituted with brown rice, brown sugar, leafy vegetables and other whole grain products.

Other Suggestions and herbal treatments for alcoholism Firm willingness of alcoholic to stop drinking The alcoholic should be motivated to break the ' alcohol habit ' through a strong determination to do so and by being consistent in maintaining his food habits. To try to give up alcoholism at once is almost impossible, so the alcoholic should make a firm decision to make a clean break out of the habit of drinking.

Warm - water enema and physical exercises Take a warm - water enema daily to rinse out the bowels during the first ten days of the ' juice fast'. Plenty of rest and outdoor physical activities and exercises are recommended.

Avoid smoking Avoid smoking as it increases the craving for alcohol.

Collection of free home remedies, healthy diet plans and beauty tips. Find ebooks about different health topics here.

No comments: